- I love Hemp Milk, I like Coconut Milk. I think Soy Milk, Almond Milk, and Oat Milk are OK. I think Rice Milk and Flax Milk are disgusting.
- There is really no reason for you ever to buy applesauce or breadcrumbs. They are easy to make at home and taste delicious.
- My Kombucha production is going well, although I am still playing around with particular steps.
- About once a week, I order this:
Yes, I do like my burritos with a serving of death.
Actually this is Freebird’s hottest sauce, which they sell in bottles. I actually get some extra, to go.
- I was going to eat one of those packaged microwaveable chicken sandwiches that I found in my parents’ freezer. But then I didn’t. Why? Two reasons. The first is that I have been trying to eat semi- or mostly-vegetarian lately. The second is because I was disturbed by the processed nature of the ingredients. Would you believe that a chicken sandwich includes imitation “chicken-type flavor?” Apparently chicken needs the following ingredients added to actually taste like chicken: hydrolyzed corn gluten, autolyzed yeast extract, partiallyhydrogentated soybean and cottonseed oil, disodium inosinate, and disodium guamylate. Those are listed as the ingredients in said chicken-type flavor.
- I have now made homemade pizza twice in the recent past – same style each time. It’s a Trader Joe’s crust baked for a couple minutes until it starts to brown. Then I brush on olive oil, (no pizza sauce), garlic, rosemary, and chili flakes. Then small eggplant chunks (chopped, salted, rinsed, and browned in a pan), a tiny bit of yellow onion, chopped kalamata olives, and strips of yellow bell pepper (roasted and skin peeled). Then covered with mozzarella. After it’s done cooking, I sprinkle some slivers of sliced parmesan (not grated) and some drizzles of good balsamic vinegar. Does it sound good? It tastes great!